Best of Hunger and Thirst 2011

Butter picking stinky sock berries


These were my most popular posts of the year.  If you didn't get a chance to see them the first time around, I hope you'll enjoy them now.

------------------------------------------------------

Since it is once again that time of year, it is appropriate to revisit this post.  It is my rant against exercise.  Yes, you read that correctly.  I said against.  If your curiosity has been piqued, please read Exercise Sucks, and Oh Yeah, Diets Do Too: Start the New Year with a Resolution for Joy.



---------------------------------------------------------

I used to be an avid gardener.  But in the last few years, I've moved away from traditional gardening.  Here's why.  More Wildcrafting, Less Gardening.  More Joy, Less Stress.


---------------------------------------------------------

I'll admit the writing in this one is a little over the top ~blush~.  I had just gotten back from foraging in high summer, and my head was buzzing with bright happy light and the scent of wild herbs.  Sometimes we write goofy things when we are crushing.  Here is my love letter to my home mountains and wild oregano - Wild About Mondarda Fistulosa.


----------------------------------------------------------

No contest, this is my favorite post of the year.  Do you agree?  If you are a mushroom hunter, I think you will recognize the obsession in  Stalking Porcini - Or How Mushrooms Caused Me to Engage in All Seven Deadly Sins.


----------------------------------------------------------

The latest in my series - An Unabashed Open Love Letter to Evan Strusinski.  I wonder why he hasn't called me yet?


-------------------------------------------------------

This post won me a few angry emails.  But, for the most part, it was well received.  In Defense of Lowbrow Chow.


--------------------------------------------------------

Let me know what you think.  I'd really enjoy your feedback.  And if there is a particular food with which you'd like me to cook, or a topic you'd like to see addressed, please mention it in the comments.  Also, check out my list of Top Foraging Posts of 2011.  It includes recipes for Tempura-Style Cottonwood Catkins, Nettle Paneer, Stonecrop Wild Garlic Dill Pickles, and more.

I'm sharing these posts with Gallery of Favorites with Premeditated Leftovers.

Popular Posts