A Little Pie for Thanksgiving - Spaghetti Pie

I'm pretty sure there's an unwritten law which states that if you're an American with a food blog, you must include a pie recipe in the week preceding Thanksgiving. Being the law-abiding sort, I dutifully submit my contribution - spaghetti pie. A playful hybrid of spaghetti and lasagne, this was one of my favorite meals as a kid.

Boil spaghetti* (dry, I used the amount contained by touching my index finger to the knuckle on my thumb) in salted water until 90% cooked. Drain and add to a mixture of two beaten eggs, 1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese, and 2 Tbsp. butter. Mix to combine, and form into a "crust" in a greased pie pan. Cover the spaghetti crust with a few spoonfuls of cottage cheese, then your favorite pasta sauce. Bake at 350 degrees (F) for 15 minutes, top with shredded mozzarella, and return to the oven for another 15 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling and golden.

*As far as gluten-free pastas goes, I've found none better than Tinkyada.

Popular Posts